Slider

Monday, October 25, 2021

Moldwater

Back in the hotel, we were bored and I was determined to taste some sins with my friends. One of my friends, NN, proposed we should drink together, said he knew a place close by that sells cheap good alcohol. So around midnight, he quietly left the hotel with my laptop backpack, stopped at a bashful liquor store, wheeled his way back into the room. He grinned, wide as my stout fat hips, then pulled out 2 bottles: 1 wine and 1 beer. 

We quickly realized a novel problem: how do we open the bottle cap? There's no bottle opener here. And obviously, we can not ask the hotel, obviously we can't even be seen carrying liquor. Technically we were at work--freelance work for noble university purpose shit. 

After trying some stuff, NN finally managed to open the bottles using the top edge of bathroom door (yes, apparently you can open a beer bottle using a door). He then proceed to mix the wine and the beer in the water heater. God knows how bad the water heater smells when we checked out from the room lmao. 

NN collected 3 plastic cups from the hotel toilet, poured us 1 cup each person, then we drank.

Soon as I drank it, I could feel my stomach burning and my brains lagged, as if I were a locomotive train, and somebody suddenly pull the brake, then i just stood there disoriented.

Apparently that's a mixture of 4% and 19%. Also apparently mixing liquors create somewhat stronger effect. I didn't know that. Now I know why people actually died from miras oplosan. 

I had to do final report to the lecturer next day in the morning, so I didn't want to get tipsy or drunk. It was too risky. So I stopped after 1 cup. The boys persuaded me to drink more, thinking I wanted to get tipsy with them, but I couldn't afford fucking up the next day report. 

So me and the other girl headed back to our room. Before falling asleep, I told my boyfriend I drank moldwater with the guys and I kinda regretted it because then my brains became meh. (Moldwater is our inside joke. He 'insulted' tempeh with "Is that mold? You eat mold?" so I insulted him back, "Beer is also a mold. Moldwater". Then we quickly realized so many people in the world are eating molded foods, like bread, tempeh, alcohol, sauces, yogurt, etc.)

To be honest that drink tasted like shit. But I enjoyed my time drinking together with the guys, although it was only 1 cup. Never in my life have I imagined that I would be drinking with my friends, in plastic cups, in a hotel room, right next to the lecturers hotel rooms. That was wild and fun and I liked it.


0 comments:

Post a Comment